At Microfilm Equipment and Supplies Inc., we are pleased to offer a wide variety of services related to microfilm readers, including brand new machines as well as microfilm equipment repair services.
Given the extent to which many industries have come to focus on digital applications, it’s easy to forget just how important it can be to have access to physical copies of documents. Having these types of copies on hand means you don’t have to entirely rely on internet access or electricity. As some digital formats become outdated or files are lost, the physical copies remain.
Of course, having these full-sized hard copies can take up a lot of space at your business or organization, which is where microfilm comes in. Scanning documents and images into microfilm comes with a number of benefits for your business.
Here are just a few reasons why you should consider purchasing our microfilm machines for sale:
- It’s a time-tested system: Microfilm technology dates back to the 1870s, when it was used to send small messages via carrier pigeon in the Franco-Persian war. It was adopted on a wider level in the 1920s for storing and accessing large quantities of data in a compact manner. It is still widely used in libraries, newspaper companies, laboratories, government agencies, law enforcement offices and more.
- Constant access: Microfilm is always accessible, and you can read it in several different ways. These days, digital and electronic readers are the most popular microfilm machines, but if you have a power outage, you can still use analog methods as low-tech as candlelight and a magnifying glass!
- Inexpensive: Microfilm can save your company a lot of money that would otherwise be spent on hard copies. The film used in microfilm is inexpensive and allows you to make copies of large quantities of documents. Because the film itself is so small, you can save plenty of storage space at your facility, which also saves you money that might otherwise be spent on having to seek additional storage. Finally, the small size also means you can transport a lot of information inexpensively, if you either cannot or do not want to do so digitally.
- Space savings: We already alluded to it somewhat, but microfilm saves you a tremendous amount of space when compared to the space that would be taken up by regular, full-sized hard copies of your documents. In fact, up to 98 documents can fit on a single fiche, which means you can estimate microfilm would reduce your needed document storage space by up to 98 percent.
- Numerous formats: You can put a wide variety of documents on to microfilm, including legal documents, newspapers, books, letters, technical drawings, schematics, photos, artwork and so much more.
- Lasting: If cared for, you can archive microfilm for extremely long periods of time—up to 500 years in ideal conditions! Even in non-ideal conditions, you can expect an archival life of at least 20 years.
For more information about the benefits of our microfilm machines for sale, contact us today.
Categorised in: Microfilm Equipment
This post was written by Writer