While it may seem like outdated technology, microfilm is actually becoming more and more relevant! Recent data breaches and high-profile hacks are making people reconsider whether they want to store personal documents online or even on their computer’s local hard drive. Microfilm offers a cost-effective, professional-grade alternative to dangerous “cloud-based” storage solutions. If you are looking for a way to safeguard your sensitive documents without using the internet, you should consider investing in microfilm technology from the foremost provider of microfilm machines in Illinois.
While some technologies, like floppy discs and CD-ROMs, have ultimately come and gone the way of the dinosaurs, microfilm persists as the gold standard for safe document storage. So much so, in fact, that it is used by many high-profile companies and state and local governments to this day!
Here are just a few reasons why you should still think of microfilm as a viable storage system:
- Longevity: Did you know that microfilm is actually the longest-lasting type of document storage currently known to man? Microfilm can last as long as 500 years without degrading! This means that it lasts longer than both paper documents and digital storage. There’s no need to worry about your microfilm going out of style!
- Courtroom acceptance: Microfilm is also one of the only forms of document copy that is admissible as evidence in the courtroom. If you have important loan documents or legal papers you’d like to keep close at hand, you should always make microfilm copies in addition to paper and digital copies.
- Quick retrieval: It’s always quick and easy to retrieve microfilm document copies—you just pop the spool into a microfilm machine, and you’re ready to read. Even if you don’t have a microfilm machine at hand, you can still read the document using a backlight and magnification device.
- Integrity: Paper documents degrade in quality over time, thanks to mold, moisture and other environmental considerations. Microfilm, on the other hand, is made of a plastic-like substance that doesn’t lose its quality or detail over time. This means that you can rely on microfilm to remain legible for centuries.
- Convenient to store: Microfilm is small and compact, meaning that you can store all of your important documents within a single tiny safety deposit box. If you are looking for a convenient way to keep multiple copies of special documents in multiple locations, look no further than microfilm.
If you are looking for microfilm machines in Illinois, you should pay a visit to Microfilm Equipment and Supplies Inc. We are the region’s most trusted supplier of microfilm, microfilm machines, microfilm readers and more. Regardless of the size or scope of your microfilm operations, you can count on us to provide you with all the supplies you need to effectively and safely store your sensitive personal and corporate data.
Don’t run the risk of losing your information to hackers and unscrupulous tech firms—reach out to Microfilm Equipment and Supplies Inc. today to learn how we can help you keep your information safe and secure.
Categorised in: Microfilm Equipment
This post was written by Writer