Every year the Illinois Library Association (ILA) national conference is one of our favorite events of the year. We’re already eagerly looking forward to this year’s edition of the event, which takes place on October 23 and 24, 2019 at the Tinley Park Convention Center in Tinley Park, IL. We’ve already got our booth reserved (booth number 540), so if you know you’re going to be at the event, we hope you make plans to come and pay us a visit and check out our microfilm readers in Illinois!
The programming for this year’s event has yet to be scheduled or announced, but every year it’s a great event filled with some industry professionals who have unique insights into library sciences. Here’s just a quick overview of some of the keynote speakers who came in for the event last year, to give you a sample of the kind of quality you can expect at this year’s event:
- Gene Luen Yang: Mr. Yang was the 2016-17 National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature and was a 2016 MacArthur Fellow. He started drawing comic books in fifth grade, and has since been the writer and illustrator for many award-winning titles. He wrote for popular comics like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Superman. He also teaches creative writing at Hamline University, in its MFA program for Writing for Children and Young Adults.
- Cindy Byrd: Cindy Byrd has long had a passion for teaching others how to be their best selves. She is a branding and leadership specialist, a devoted educator and a public speaker who helps people and businesses better communicate and display their insights to create positive impacts and long-term relationships. She has developed a wide variety of engaging employee development programs, public workshops and conference presentations.
- Miguel Figueroa: Miguel Figueroa works for the Center for the Future of Libraries, an American Library Association initiative. He’s previously worked with the American Theological Library Association, the ALA’s Office for Diversity and Office for Literacy and Outreach Services, NYU’s Ehrman Medical Library, and Neal-Schuman Publishers.
- Kevan Atteberry: Kevan Atteberry is one of the illustrators for 2019’s iREAD program. He’s been drawing since he was a small child, and in his career has designed and illustrated a number of award-winning children’s books, including his recent title I Love You More Than the Smell of Swamp Gas. He created Clippy the paperclip helper, which is famous for helping people in Microsoft Office programs.
- Kelly Jensen: Kelly Jensen is a former librarian and a writer who focuses on teen audiences. She also edits Book Riot, where she manages the biweekly “What’s Up in YA?” young adult newsletter, the “Check Your Shelf” newsletter geared toward librarians and hosts the “Hey YA” podcast about young adult literature.
These are just a few examples of some of the many high-quality speakers who came to last year’s ILA conference, and we’re eagerly anticipating who will be joining the conference this year. We hope you’ll consider making time to come out to the event, and pay the team at Microfilm Equipment and Supplies Inc. a visit while you’re at it. We look forward to telling you about the latest in microfilm readers in Illinois!
Categorised in: Microfilm Reader
This post was written by Writer